This page will contain all links and documents introduced in class that pertain to the US-Dakota War
- US-Dakota War to Weebly: This is the document you need to use when you post your USDW final pieces.
- Academic Writing Helper: Use this source to see if your work is considered to be plagiarized.
- US Dakota War Overview:Rubric:Content Options: This is the document that pretty much explains everything!
- US-Dakota War Website: This is the main site that you should use for this assignment.
- Northern Lights: Please do not forget to use this book; it is a great resource.
- Why Treaties Matter: This site is produced by the Minnesota Humanities Center and is worth a look!
- Bdote Memory Map: Another site published by the Minnesota Humanities Center and well worth your time!
Examples of Student Work
- Definition: “An editorial expresses an opinion about an issue or topic. If no opinion exists, then the article is considered an expository text. The author of an editorial expresses a specific bias, with the intent of persuading the reader toward particular thoughts or actions.” (Source:”Creative Writing Ideas and Activities.” Creative Writing Ideas and Activities. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2017.)
Examples of Editorials Written By Middle School Students
“The ungentlemanly art of graphic satire”
- Follow this link to view some current political cartoons
- Follow this link to view some older political cartoon
Folk Songs Defined
- Follow this link to find a great article defining what folk songs are. Links to many other folk song related material in this article as well.
Folk Song Examples